32 Winnie the Pooh Quotes That Are Actually So Relevant

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Winnie the Pooh. It brings me back to my childhood and reminds me to focus on the important things in life. Recently, I was on a road trip with my parents. It was pretty late at night and I was scrolling through Pinterest to keep myself busy. I stumbled upon a quote from Winnie the Pooh (which wasn’t out of the ordinary because I’ve been planning a Winnie the Pooh inspired tattoo!). That one quote spiraled and led me to scroll through pages upon pages of quotes. It was at that moment that I realized just how relevant these quotes are to life – they are profound outlooks on human decency, compassion, and personal growth. Since then, I’ve been compiling a list of my favorites, each of which makes me smile and helps me to compose myself in stressful times. I want to share that little bit of sanity because sometimes we just need something to grasp onto in those times when we feel all sanity is lost, as we often do in today’s world.

1. ​“When life throws you a rainy day, play in the puddles.”

2. “Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them.”

3. “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”

4. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good-bye so hard.”

5. “’What day is it?’

‘Today’ – said Piglet

‘Ah,’ said Pooh, ‘my favorite day.’”

6. “We didn’t realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun.”

7. “The things that make me different are the things that make me.”

8. “Life is a journey to be experienced, not a problem to be solved.”

9. “’It makes such a difference,’ said Pooh, ‘to have someone who believes in you.’”

10. “’How do you spell love?’ – Piglet

‘You don’t spell it…you feel it.’ – Pooh”

11. “’Sometimes,’ said Pooh, ‘the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.’”

12. “Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.”

13. “Love is taking a few steps backward, maybe even more…to give way to the happiness of the person you love.”

14. “Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude.”

15. “You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”

16. “Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits…”

17. “A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.”

18. “Don’t underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.”

19. “Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon.”

20. “One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries.”

21. “Doing nothing often leads to the very best something.”

22. “It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine.”

23. “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that’s why we call it the present.”

24. “Life is a journey to be experienced, not a problem to be solved.”

25. “If the person you are talking to doesn’t appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.”

26. “’I don’t feel very much like Pooh today,’ said Pooh.

‘There, there,’ said Piglet. ‘I’ll bring you tea and honey until you do.’”

27. “Some people care too much, I think it’s called love.”

28. “Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So, today is my new favorite day.”

29. “I always get to where I’m going by walking away from where I’ve been.”

30. “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We will get there some day.”

31. “It’s more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like, ‘What about lunch?’”

32. “If there every comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever.”

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!