12 Things Every Basic Girl Loves…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

1.     White Converse

Face it, it’s true.  Whether they’re white, black, blue, or any other color, they’re one of the hottest shoes today!  Who can blame us though? They match with everything.

2.    Going through phases of going to the gym

“Today’s the day!” we think to ourselves, so we go to the gym…post a snapchat story or two to make sure everyone knows you were there and that you.work.out.

3.    Yoga Pants/Yoga Classes

9 times out of 10 we aren’t wearing these to yoga classes, but when we do everything feels so right. 

4.    Starbucks

If you don’t know the date every season when they release the red cups, do you really love Starbucks?  Whether you do or don’t, I think we can agree…Starbucks is life. 

5.    Snapchat Dog Filter

6.    Posed “Candids”

We’ve all done it, and TBH these pictures are usually the cutest ones we get.

7.    Thinking you have a fire playlist

We all want to call dibs on the aux so we can toot our own horn, “I found the song first, don’t you love it?”

8.    Kale

The ultimate life changing food, after a few bites we feel like some of the healthiest people alive.  What better feeling?

9.    Having a “Finsta”

In case you’re asking yourself the question from above, the answer is “fake Instagram.” Fake + Instagram = Finsta(gram).  Face it, sometimes this is the best kind of therapy.

10.  Acai Bowls and Smoothies

We are totally obsessed!

11.  Mason Jars

Whether they’re dressed up or dressed down, us basic girls can always repurpose them with a DIY craft of sorts.  Mason jars can hold food, pencils, makeup, tea lights, drinks, strings of lights, and everything in between. 

12. Nike Sneakers

Where comfort meets fashion, and a shoe you can wear everyday even if you aren’t exercising! (AKA the majority of the time)

From one basic girl to another (or not), own

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!