10 Unforgettable Summer Concerts: Boston, MA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Everyone knows some of the best nights of our lives are ones we have spent at concerts surrounding by our favorite people, listening to our favorite musicians. Check out some of the talented artists coming to the Boston area this summer!

1.    Lady Antebellum, Sam Hunt, & Hunter Hayes

Date: May 30th

Location: Xfinity Center, Mansfield, MA

As amazing as Lady Antebellum and Hunter Hayes are, I think the true headliner for this show is actually Sam Hunt. This breakthrough singer/ rapper is going to change the way country music is forever.

2.    Tim McGraw

Date: June 12th

Location: Xfinity Center, Mansfield, MA

What’s better than a country tailgate with all your friends to kick off the summer? Enough said…

3.    Fall Out Boy, Wiz Khalifa & Hoodie Allen

Date: June 14th

Location: Xfinity Center, Mansfield, MA

To be honest, I was pretty shocked when I saw this trio was coming together to tour this summer. But the more I thought about it, the more it all made sense. Relive your middle school FOB days, channel your inner Wiz and let Hoodie sing to you no interruption.

4.    Train, The Fray and Matt Nathanson

Date: June 20th

Location: Xfinity Center, Mansfield, MA

Again, killer combination. Unfortunately I have never been to a concert with any of these musicians, but I’ve heard they are nothing but perfection. After all, is there anything better than The Fray Pandora?

5.    Kelly Clarkson

Date: June 12th

Location: Xfinity Center, Mansfield, MA

Did someone say throwback?!? We all watched Kelly be crowned as American Idol’s first winner THIRTEEN years ago, and yet she is still making amazing music. This is a show you won’t want to miss.

6.    Taylor Swift

Date(s): July 24th & July 25th

Location: Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, MA

Finally, finally, finally. After a summer without her, TSwift is back and coming for Boston. Not only is she a lyrical genius, but also the effort her and her team put into making each set on stage flawless is truly amazing.

7.    Zac Brown Band

Date(s): August 7th, August 8th, & August 9th

Location: Fenway Park, Boston, MA

Watching one of the most talented, instrument-oriented country bands at America’s most beloved ballpark? I’m sold.

8.    Jimmy Buffett

Date: August 15th

Location: Xfinity Center, Mansfield, MA

Now I know you’re probably thinking Jimmy Buffett is more of a concert for your parent’s generation, but I disagree. Too busy this summer to go to Margaritaville on your own? Just pretend with Jimmy Buffett.

9.    Nickelback

Date: August 18th

Location: Xfinity Center, Mansfield, MA

No, this is not a joke!! Nickelback is really going on tour this summer and their coming to Massachusetts. For some reason, Nickelback is the punch line in many jokes but I think we’d all be lying to ourselves if we said we didn’t wonder how they would be live.

10. Kenny Chesney & Jason Aldean

Date(s): August 28th & August 29th

COUNTRY FEST. Why would you want to end your summer any other way???

Yessss, concerts can be pricey, but now that you’re aware of some of the best ones coming to our area you can start saving up! Just think of all the awesome memories you will make with your friends and family this summer at the Xfinity Center, Fenway, and Gillette! Tis the season of summer concerts, Massholes :) 

University of New Hampshire, Class of 2018 Campus Correspondent Please contact me if you would like to join our team!
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!