10 Things to do in Durham in the Warm Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

1. Lunch on T-Hall lawn

Grab some food from Union Court or Wild Kitty, a blanket, some friends and lay out in the warm weather, because what’s better than food and sunshine??

2. Watch the sunset

Finish off a nice sunny day by watching the sun go down. Some good viewing spots include T-hall lawn or Memorial field in front of the Whit. Be sure to snap some good pics!

3. Take a walk in College Woods

Since it’s right on campus, college woods is a great place to go for a run or walk if you don’t have a car to take you off campus. With pathways meandering through the woods and by streams you’ll feel one with nature and get some good exercise.

4. Eat acai bowls from The Spot outside

The Spot is one of the newest additions to downtown Durham, with delicious acai bowls that you can customize with fruit and toppings of your choosing. Find a bench or bring it to a lawn on campus and enjoy healthy food and some vitamin D.  

5. Adams Point

Adams Point is another park located right in Durham with great views. Located right on the bay, Adams Point is a great place to relax, lay out, and take some good pictures near the water. It also offers trails if you are up for some hiking.

6. Go for a bike ride

Enjoy the scenery of Durham by going for a bike ride on a nice day. Whether you want to bike through campus or on the trails of college woods, biking is a great way to make the most of a nice day.

7.  Go to Wagon Hill farm

Located about 3 miles from campus, you’ll need a car to get here, but it offers great views and places to go for a run or walk.  Soak up the sun with friends in a beautiful location, and chances are you’ll probably run into some cute dogs to pet!  

8. Enjoy an iced coffee outside

With so many great coffee places in Durham, like Higher Grounds, Aroma Joes, or Breaking New Grounds, getting an iced coffee and drinking it outside is always a good idea. It’s refreshing and will give you extra energy to get you through your classes.

9. Bridge jumping at Wiswall Bridge

Once the weather gets hot out, cool off by going bridge jumping at Wiswall Bridge.  This spot is about a ten minute drive away from campus, so if you have a car and are up for an adventure, jumping off this bridge into the river below is a fun thing to do located right in Durham.

10. Get ice cream at the Dairy Bar

Nothing says summer is coming like some good ice cream in the warm weather. The Dairy Bar has over 20 different flavors of Gifford’s ice cream and options for sundaes and frappes so indulge yourself in a sweet treat. With finals coming up, you deserve it. 

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!