10 Movies from your younger years that you must re-watch on Netflix NOW

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

We can all agree upon the fact that some of the greatest movies ever made came out when our generation was in our late childhood and tweens. No matter how much the times have changed, these movies will always be there to serve as a reminder of the good old days. Netflix is on point right now with a large selection of such titles, so here’s a list of the ten I feel are most worthy of being watched and remembered.

Hannah Montana: The Movie (2009)

Hannah Montana was an integral part of most young girls’ childhoods around the time she was popular. I’ll admit that I was extremely jealous of her lifestyle, as most others probably were, too. Who wouldn’t want to live Miley Stewart and Hannah Montana’s lives? They were both perfect! Re-watching will bring back all of your wonderful memories from the show, plus it’s actually a good movie and it’s pretty funny.

RV (2006)

Hands down one of the funniest family comedies out there. No matter how many times I’ve watched RV, I never fail to die laughing. It’s a good movie, is made well, and Robin Williams (RIP) was a fantastic actor.  

Cadet Kelly (2002)

C’mon, it’s Hillary Duff. There’s a reason why three of her movies made this list. She was  a staple to young girls and played the part of “unfortunately unlucky teenaged girl” very well (and many times, may I add).

Sky High (2005)

It’s every kid’s dream to 1) be a superhero and 2) go to a superhero school. Sky High was a dream come true, and of course Will Stronghold was totally dreamy (not so much looking back). 

High School Musical (2006)

Just an absolute classic. Troy and Gabriella were everything we dreamed for, and their squad was goals. As a bonus, HSM 2 is also on Netflix. Watching these movies brings back memories from the time when I took all my friends to see HSM 3 for my 11th birthday. Good times. 

The Lizzie McGuire Movie (2003)

A school trip to Rome where you get to pretend to be a pop star? What more could you ever want? Another classic Hillary Duff movie where her character’s luck is something to envy. Definitely one you have to go back and relive.  

Princess Protection Program (2009)

Anyone remember Demi Lovato? Not the best movie in regards of quality or original plot, but was too big when it came out to miss a spot on this list. Plus, Selena Gomez. Enough said. 

The Cheetah Girls (2003)

Absolute classic. If you didn’t see The Cheetah Girls, then you missed out big time, and need to put everything on hold and go watch it right now. Even if you were a Cheetah Girls fan as a kid, it’s a movie you have to re watch because the childhood memories will flood back. BONUS: The Cheetah Girls 2 and The Cheetah Girls: One World are also on Netflix, so get watchin’. 

Camp Rock (2008)

Two words: Jonas Brothers. You can’t deny that they played some part in your tweens, because we all know they did. Some of us loved Joe, others Kevin, and then of course those of us who had a thing for the oh-so-sensitive Nick. Go re watch, you won’t be let down. BONUS: Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam is on Netflix, too. 

A Cinderella Story (2004)

Probably the title that would top any list that I could ever make. Not only was the movie well made, but it follows a great storyline, and has Hillary Duff and Chad Michael Murray (yummy). I cry every time I watch the scene where the rain starts to fall and Austin leaves his most important football game to kiss Sam in the bleachers. Goals. 

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!