10 Fun Things to do After Graduation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

I think I can speak for most seniors when I say that I will do anything to avoid thinking about the fact that graduation is two months away.  Every year up until this one I’ve counted down the days till exams were over and I was free for the summer, but this years different. For the first time in our lives we won’t be returning to school in September sporting an impressive tan and new fall clothes. This year, when we leave it’ll be for good. Reality awaits us.

What we’ve been told about reality is that it sucks. But I refuse to believe that after I leave UNH this May the best years of my life are over.  Here are 10 fun things to do after graduation.

1. Travel. If you don’t have a job lined up, or you have some time off before your job starts… this is the perfect time to travel. Anywhere you can, as much as you can.
  2. Revel in the fact that you can enjoy your Sunday night TV shows without having to make up all the homework you left for the night before.
  3. Plan a vacation in one of the cold winter months. You don’t have to wait for designated vacation times anymore, plan it whenever YOU want!
  4. Spend your big girl paychecks on big girl presents. New shoes anyone
  5. Sign up for a class in your free time. Take a baking class and release your inner chef, or sign up for a salsa dancing class
  6. Plan dinner dates with friends that work nearby. Try a new place every time!
  7. Redecorate your room. Whether your moving home or moving into your new apartment
  8. Finish your “Things To Do Before I Graduate List” because chances are you got way to busy to finish it all.
  9. Detox your life. Throw out all your old class notes, donate all your unwanted clothes to charity. 
  10. Figure out what’s going to make your life enjoyable. Better to face reality with a positive outlook than a negative one.

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!