Thomas Kelly, ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNF chapter.

Our first official Campus Cutie may look like a total muscle guy, but he’s really a sweetheart! 

Name: Thomas KellyMajor: EconomicsHometown: Jacksonville, FLYear: SeniorRelationship Status: Taken

HC: Where do you see yourself in ten years? TK: In ten years, career wise, I hope to be in a creative type of industry. Perhaps something in advertising. 

HC: Who would you like to meet, dead or alive, if given the chance? TK: I would like to meet Marcus Aurelius. He was a Roman emperor, philosopher, and is the author of one of my favorite books, Meditations. He is one of the most prominent “stoic” philosophers. Stoicism is one of the philosophies that I practice in my life and it all started from reading his works. 

HC: Why did you pick UNF as your college?TK: Honestly? UNF was a “back-up school.” But, I’m actually so glad that I chose to come here because it’s a great school, and it’s close to home.  

HC: What’s your favorite thing about being a college student? TK: Being in college I have grown to love meeting new people. I’ve been able to meet many people from around the country and the world. One of my best friends that I’ve met was at UNF, and she’s originally from France.

HC: What’s one thing that people wouldn’t be able to guess about you from first glance? TK: I like to cha-cha! I’ve been taking Latin dance lessons for about two years and I love it. 

HC: What’s a motto that you live by? 

TK: “Dude suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.” – Jake the Dog

HC: Who are some of your role models? 

TK: Obama and Michael Jai White. 

HC: Cats or dogs? TK: Dogs! 

HC: If you were given $1,000,000, what’s the first thing that you’d do with it? TK: New whips for the friends, honestly. 

HC: What’s one thing that you’d tell or advise your past self? TK: I’d tell my past self, “Live in the library. Don’t fight the bald— just shave it all off. And, gym is life.” 

My name is Maya Dartiguenave, and I am a senior at the University of North Florida. I'm a communications major, with a focus in public relations. Reading, writing, anything to do with words is what holds my true interest, which is why I'm so happy to be a part of Her Campus! I'm so excited to have started UNF's chapter of Her Campus!While I claim to be a Florida girl for now, my heart belongs to Philadelphia, always. (Go, Eagles!) I hope to move away from Florida after graduation, work my way through grad school, and begin my career in publishing. The future is definitely going to be an adventure, and I can't wait for it!