This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNF chapter.

This week’s celeb is most likely a familiar face to you if have ever lived on campus. She is one of the most loved RAs that have been assigned to the dorms, and after you’ve met her, you’ll totally know why! This week, meet RA Vanessa (aka, V-Nasty)!

Name: Vanessa BaffourYear: SeniorMajor: Business Management

HC: Okay, Vanessa, elevator speech. 3..2..1 GO.VB: Resident Assistant in the Crossings, loves to play cello, and being a youth leader has also become a big part of my life that I adore and would never let go of.

HC: What is one of your biggest achievements?VB: I would like to say that one of my biggest achievements is making it this far in college while fighting Sickle Cell Anemia.

HC: Where is one of your favorite places in the world? VB: Germany!

HC: What is your biggest fear?VB: Dogs. 

HC: What is one motto that you live by?VB: “Welp, there’s always tomorrow.”

HC: Who has influenced you the most in your life and why?VB: Oprah, [because of] how far she has gotten in life. That pushes me to never give up because she came from nothing and ended up being one of the most influential people in the world. 

HC: You’re like, the Queen of RAs– all of your residents love you. What are some reasons that you think contribute to why you’re such a favorite?VB: I think I have become one [simply] by connecting people with each other. This is one of the things I love being an RA — I am able to get people who are new to UNF plugged in so that this feels like home. 

My name is Techeira Francis and I am a Junior at the University of North Florida. I am a Criminal Justice major with a minor in Psychology. I am planning on having a career with the federal government working for Homeland Security. My interests include mystery murder books, caramel macchiatos, all criminal case shows (and I mean ALL), telling myself to go to the gym, and tea.
My name is Maya Dartiguenave, and I am a senior at the University of North Florida. I'm a communications major, with a focus in public relations. Reading, writing, anything to do with words is what holds my true interest, which is why I'm so happy to be a part of Her Campus! I'm so excited to have started UNF's chapter of Her Campus!While I claim to be a Florida girl for now, my heart belongs to Philadelphia, always. (Go, Eagles!) I hope to move away from Florida after graduation, work my way through grad school, and begin my career in publishing. The future is definitely going to be an adventure, and I can't wait for it!