Meet Staff Writer Shannen Hurst

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNF chapter.

This summer, the application to join the HC UNF team was released, and we are so happy with all of the responses! One of the first people to jump on board was Shannen, and we are excited to introduce her as our newest staff writer! 

Name: Shannen HurstAge: 22Year: SeniorMajor: Multimedia JournalismHometown: Naples, FL

HC: What was one thing that you’ve done in your college career that you have enjoyed? SH: Genuinely, my entire experience these past four years. From fraternity and sorority life, working part-time in the service industry, and meeting some of my best friends – college was good to me!

HC: What’s one thing that you wish you could change? SH: I honestly wouldn’t change a thing! The good times, bad times, and everything in between made my experience at UNF one for the books.

HC: What clubs and associations have you become involved with throughout college?SH: I was a member of the Zeta Tau Alpha fraternity, a member of the UNF Women’s Choir, and now a writer for the UNF Chapter of Her Campus! 

HC: What are your plans after graduation? SH: I would like to work for an online media publication geared towards my interests. I plan to stay in Florida, but I would like a job that allows me to travel all around.

HC: What are your favorite magazines to read?SH: Well, every girl loves Cosmo, right? But besides that as a former editorial intern for Jacksonville Magazine, I like to keep up with the local publications. 

HC: What is your favorite quote? SH: “Keep your heels, head, and standards high.” -Coco Chanel. I couldn’t have said it better! 

HC: What is one thing that you want to cross off of your bucket list?SH: I want to go whale watching!

HC: Name one thing that you love to do.SH: Besides writing, I love to sing! And I’m a Pinterest addict. 

HC: What’s one interesting thing about you? SH: When I love a show, I binge watch it, over and over. Think Gossip Girl and Sex and the City, I have seen every episode a million and one times.

HC: What made you interested in writing for Her Campus? SH: Besides the fact that I love to write, I am really drawn to what Her Campus stands for. I wish I had a “How to” guide when I first started college, I think HC is just that. 

Make sure you check back to read Shannen’s first article here on Her Campus! 

My name is Maya Dartiguenave, and I am a senior at the University of North Florida. I'm a communications major, with a focus in public relations. Reading, writing, anything to do with words is what holds my true interest, which is why I'm so happy to be a part of Her Campus! I'm so excited to have started UNF's chapter of Her Campus!While I claim to be a Florida girl for now, my heart belongs to Philadelphia, always. (Go, Eagles!) I hope to move away from Florida after graduation, work my way through grad school, and begin my career in publishing. The future is definitely going to be an adventure, and I can't wait for it!