Campus Cutie: Ashley McDonald

You can often times catch this cutie singing her heart out on Tuesday nights at Resolution. Meet this week’s cutie, Ashley McDonald! 

Name: Ashley McDonaldMajor: Music EducationYear: SophomoreHometown: Orlando, FLAge: 20

HC: What impact do you want to leave the world?

AM: I’d want to impact the world by letting people know there is a greater hope and love that can cover all pain and grief in this life which is Jesus Christ. I’d want everyone around me to know that I didn’t just live this life to be a “good person” or to do “good things” but that there is someone who surpassed all good and that He can live in your heart.

HC: Which song makes you feel amazing and why?

AM: “Be Okay” by Oh Honey makes me feel AMAZING because it’s a perfect song to describe a great day! I think each day we should wake up with the thought of “this is another day we are given, let’s rejoice and make the most of it!” It’s a really cute and fun song that I could dance to or even bop my head to in the car!

HC: Favorite quote in life?

AM: When I was younger, I use to struggle with depression and it’s funny because no one would ever expect that from me but that is because I have put my trust in God who erases the past and says, “ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete” (John 16:24).  I thought my life was crumbling when family issues occurred in my life but I want people to know that there is a God who brings life and joy forever! 

HC: What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday?

AM: My favorite way to spend a Saturday is to relax on the beach with my girlfriends then head over to a cute cafè and sip on sweet tea. I also recently have joined the sailing club and LOVE to be on the water! I enjoy any moment I’m given and have fun wherever I am!

My name is Techeira Francis and I am a Junior at the University of North Florida. I am a Criminal Justice major with a minor in Psychology. I am planning on having a career with the federal government working for Homeland Security. My interests include mystery murder books, caramel macchiatos, all criminal case shows (and I mean ALL), telling myself to go to the gym, and tea.