Your Typical Trip to Target as Told by “The Office”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Target is a magical place. Whether you’re looking for a few specific things or just going in there for fun, one thing is for sure: you don’t tell Target what you need, Target tells YOU what you need. If you’re anything like me (which, if you are, congratulations!), you probably walk into Target needing shampoo and walk out having purchased five shirts, two fake succulents and three candles. I don’t know what kind of sorcery goes on within those red and white walls, but hey, I’m not complaining.

Since I’ve been to Target three times this week already (I can stop whenever I want to, okay?!), I thought I’d combine my favorite store with one of my favorite TV shows—The Office. So, here is your typical trip to Target as described by The Office.

1. When you walk in the store like it’s any other day, promising yourself that you’re not going to buy ANYTHING but the necessities

How innocent. How naïve.

2. When you walk past the dollar section and you just can’t resist

1 DOLLAR SUCCULENTS

3. When you find yourself in the dressing room trying on jumpsuits and you didn’t even know you could pull off the jumpsuit look

How did I get here?

4. When you’re not really sure why you’re buying another house plant but you KNOW you need it

Put it in the basket.

5. When you wander into the electronics section and convince yourself you need new headphones

Didn’t I just buy headphones? Oh well, everyone needs a spare!

6. When you catch a glimpse of yourself in a mirror holding buy-one-get-one-free storage bins

Who am I and why do I need this?

7. When you try to walk past the food section but get sucked in anyway

Is there a limit on how much I can treat myself? Target says no!

8. And finally, when you walk out of the store with a bunch of stuff you didn’t know you needed until today

I’ll be back tomorrow, though.

Elena is a friendly senior at the University of North Carolina Wilmington. She is currently majoring in Communication Studies with a minor in Spanish. When she's not in class or napping, you can catch Elena working out at the gym, binge-watching medical dramas, or indulging her caffeine addiction at a local coffee shop.