This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

As I sit here looking in my closet, I notice something: I need more winter clothes. I thought I’d share 5 must have’s I want to see in my closet this winter. I’ve posted links for all of you readers who share my fashion sense and want to purchase any items.

Enjoy xoxo

1. Knee high boots

Whether they’re Jessica Simpson or Frye they are a must have this winter season. They look great with a sweater dress or paired with a flowy shirt and jeans. I am counting down the days till I can afford to have these in my closet. Search at Nordstrom.com for a pair.

Photo courtest of looktastic.com.

2. A beanie

Hello. The worst thing in the winter is my ears freezing from the cold wind and my hair can only cover so much. While I don’t classify my style as hipster I do plan on adding a beanie to my winter look this season. If beanies aren’t your style a simple headband that covers your ears can do the trick. 

Photo courtesy of Urban Outfitters.

3. Sweaters

This is the saddest part about my closet. I’m in need of so many sweaters this winter season. I live in sweaters in the cold and I am seriously lacking. I saw my friend wear this Free People sweater and it completely caught my eye. I will absolutely be adding more sweaters, because let’s face it: You can never have enough. 

Photo courtesy of Free People.

4. A vest

This doesn’t mean a monogrammed vest, which I do happen to have in my closet. This vest I saw at American Eagle Outfitters was exactly what I was looking for. It is cozy and has a hood which comes in handy. It is the perfect winter color and would be a great additional layer to help beat the cold. OBSESSED. 

Photo courtesy of American Eagle Outfitters.

5. Dresses

I have an insane amount of summer dresses, but they slowly dwindle down come winter season; however, that’s when I need dresses the most. It’s important to have dresses for holiday events like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. This dress is perfect because you can throw a cardigan over it and make it casual or pair it with heels and booties to go out for drinks. Plus, the army green color is perfect to add some color to your wardrobe. 

Photo courtesy of tobi.com.