UNCW Alum and Local Celeb: Hlot Ksor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Meet Hlot Ksor! Owner of the popular Instagram page and blog “Wild and Rove” in the Wilmington area. While Ksor works full time from home with a marketing agency, she also works on her blog in her free time (goals!!). She graduated from UNCW in 2016 with a major in International Business and French.

Ksor originally started “Wild and Rove” as a travel blog while studying abroad in Paris in 2015. She went to Iceland in 2016 and was hooked on the freedom of traveling. “[The name] Wild was just being a free spirit and I think that’s how most people would describe me, I love being outside so I try to incorporate that in everything I do,” Ksor said. “Rove means to travel without a fixed destination in mind.”

Wild and Rove slowly became more style based as the blog has grown over the years. Ksor reaches out to brands that inspire her to collaborate. “Currently I’m working with River and Sky California, we just finished doing the shoots for the two pieces that they sent over,” Ksor said. “I try to find brands that I think would be best for Wild and Rove and creating a pitch to explain why I think we would work well together.

While Wild and Rove has been more of a side hustle for Ksor these days, she still always finds time to create content. “I’ve met a lot of people in the local community and that has opened a lot of doors,” Ksor said. “I get to meet local photographers here and it’s a great way to make friends and meet people with different backgrounds and that’s what I really enjoy, working with creative people.” 

Follow Wild and Rove on Instagram @wildandrove and check out her blog! www.wildandrove.com

[Photos Courtesy of Hlot Ksor] 

Most likely at Target and/or drinking sweet tea. Senior from Apex, North Carolina. Co-Campus Correspondent for the UNCW chapter, Contact me with any comments or questions!