etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Top 9 “Parks and Rec” Guest Stars of All Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

If you guys have read any of my other articles, you know that Parks and Recreation is one of my top favorite shows. It’s funny, it’s weird, and it’s all about friends that become like family. While the main characters that make up our favorite town are incredible, there are also some awesome guest stars that visit Pawnee from time to time. Let’s take a trip to the city that is First in Friendship, Fourth in Obesity and say hello to some of the best citizens and guests of Pawnee!

Paul Rudd as Bobby Newport

Everyone’s (second) favorite candidate for city council is played the lovable, handsome Paul Rudd. As much as we want Leslie to win, it’s hard not to cheer for Bobby Newport—he’s such an idiot, but he genuinely means well.

Bo Burnham as Chipp McCapp

Before there was the yodelling kid, their was Chipp McCapp, the hottest new country singer with over 2 million hits on YouTube. Bo Burnham plays the mean teen star with an ego complex and an affinity for singing about his mom. Everyone go stream “Beautiful Like My Mom (Support the Troops)” right now!

Ben Schwartz and Jenny Slate as Jean-Ralphio and Mona-Lisa Saperstein.

Pawnee’s worst set of twins, the Sapersteins, are played by comedians Ben Schwartz and Jenny Slate. Both of the actors are funny in real life but horribly obnoxious as their Pawnee counterparts. We still love them anyway, though—just don’t go clubbing with them. That’s always a bad idea.

Andy Samberg as Carl Lorthner the Park Ranger

Amy Poehler’s former SNL cast member Andy Samberg plays Carl, the loud park ranger that helps them when Jerry is “mugged.” He’s got a problem with indoor voices, but he can drive a golf cart and does what he can to keep the parks safe (perhaps foreshadowing his future role as Jake Peralta on Brooklyn Nine-Nine).

Billy Eichner as Craig Middlebrooks

Billy Eichner plays Craig, an Eagletonian-turned-Pawnean with a lot of feelings. His emotions change on a dime and he’s not afraid to express himself. He’s got lots of quotable one-liners, and his frequent screaming is reminiscent of Billy’s real-life personality in “Billy on the Street.”

Ginuwine as Himself

Singer-songwriter Ginuwine played himself (and Donna’s cousin) in Parks and Rec and even sang at the Pawnee-Eagleton Unity Concert. Lil Sebastian would’ve appreciated the performance of “Pony.”

Kathryn Hahn as Jennifer Barkley

Kathryn Hahn played Bobby Newport’s campaign manager, the always-on-top Jennifer Barkley. She was smart and cunning with political prowess to bring Bobby (almost) to the top. Her incredible work ethic rivalled Leslie’s. She even offered Ben a job in D.C., which just goes to show Pawneans (even honorary ones) look out for each other.

Michelle Obama as Herself

Does this one need an explanation?! It’s Michelle freaking Obama!

BRB, patiently waiting for Parks and Recreation to come back for a reunion episode so we can see some of these amazing guest stars again <3.

Rachel is a senior and Creative Writing major/English minor at UNCW. She loves to write about entertainment and often publishes listicles on her favorite movies, music, and TV. Rachel is probably rereading the Percy Jackson books, watching comedy specials on Netflix, or petting a dog right about now. Sometimes, she's doing all three.