Starbucks
Starbucks
Hunter Honeg / Spoon

Top 5 Seasonal Starbucks Drinks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

School has been back in session for about a month, and as a senior, I constantly feel the need for a daily dose of caffeine. Having multiple coffee shops on campus allows me to get coffee whenever I need it and wherever I may be. With that being said and with the fall season upon us, I felt like it was only right to rank the top 5 seasonal Starbucks drinks, according to me anyway.

5. Pumpkin Spice Latte

Fall only means one thing: PSL Season. It is like a mandatory fall tradition that everyone should take part in. The sweet pumpkin flavoring is always good whether it is hot or iced. Although personally, pumpkin spice latte is not my favorite fall drink, I can properly appreciate the legendary PSL.

4. Caramel Brûlée Latte

Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year. Along with the wonderful Christmas season are the amazing Christmas seasonal drinks. The Caramel Brûlée Latte is among those amazing drinks. I love caramel drinks and the added brûlée toppings makes this drink taste even better. There is nothing better than a nice hot cup of coffee on a cold winter’s day.

3. Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino

The Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino has been my go-to drink almost every day in the month of September. I have no idea what makes it so good, it might be the sweet caramel flavor mixed with the decadent mocha taste, but it is just an amazing drink to have on one of those hot, fall Wilmington days. I don’t think I have gone a week this month where I didn’t have at least three of these frappuccinos.

2. Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frappuccino​

The start of summer for me always starts with the announcement of the summer Starbucks drinks. For the past two summers, my favorite summer drink was not available. But this past summer it finally came back. The Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frappuccino! This drink is amazing with the dark caramel and caramel crunches on top. I just love this drink and makes the regular Caramel Frappuccino subpar in comparison.

1. Peppermint Mocha

My all-time favorite seasonal drink from Starbucks is the Peppermint Mocha. I just love this drink. Drinking it is just like drinking a cup of Christmas. I can’t get enough of this drink during the holiday season, which I actually figured out that you can have this particular seasonal drink all year long. However, if you want this cup of Christmas in summer, you won’t be able to have the chocolate topping or the signature holiday red cups. But this drink is still amazing every day of the year.

Jessica is a senior majoring in Film Studies and minoring in Business. She is set to graduate in December. After graduation, she plans to pursue a career in Film focusing on pre-production. Being a part of the Her Campus chapter at UNCW has helped Jessica branch out in her writing and explore new interest.