This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

What: Panic Attack 

Where: 3425 Pine Level Church Road Nakina, North Carolina

If you’re looking to be absolutely scared this Halloween season, then Panic Attack is the place to be. Nakina might be a bit of a drive, but Panic Attack is absolutely worth it. With quality sets and real actors, it’s big and most definitely scary. It’s the perfect place to take a date or a group of friends. Many Wilmingtonians might be confused as to the location change, as it used to be a staple of our community. However, because of the increasing demand they have moved to a larger space to ensure better quality. 

What: Browse Halloween Stores

Where: Various Locations

Are you still unsure of what the most perfect couples costume could be? Or do you want to simply spend an afternoon embracing the spooky life? Visit some of your local stores! Wilmington is home to Halloween and More which is locally owned and open year round. Spirit Halloween is also here and is a temporary store. 

What: Axe Throwing

Where: Axes and Allies on 1122 S 3rd St.

Axe Throwing seems like the perfect fall date activity. You can throw axes at any time of the year, but throwing them this season and then grabbing a beer would be a great ending to a cool fall evening. 

What: Onslow County Fair

Where: 146 Broadhurst Rd, Jacksonville NC. 

Maybe driving the 30-45 minutes for a county fair isn’t your cup of tea, but as someone who has been to the Onslow Count fair many years in a row, I can tell you that it’s super cute and quaint. You might want to skip it and go to the NC State Fair, but if that’s too far from you then I recommend the Jacksonville one. The fair runs from October 15-19 this year. 

What: Escape Rooms

Where: Various Locations

Halloween and other spooky themed escape rooms are perfect for date night and this time of year. They are a bit more expensive than going to the movies, but the having the chance to problem solve and connect with your partner or friends seems like it would make the price worth it. Wilmington is home to two separate escape rooms, and you can find others in the towns that surround it. 

Francheska is a 23 year old writing major who enjoys reading fanfiction, watching netflix, and spending a day underneath the sun.