Kayla Bacon-Friends With Flowers
Kayla Bacon-Friends With Flowers
Kayla Bacon / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

A popular phrase that has been circling around for a while now is “If he doesn’t do this, then I don’t want him” or “If my girl does not do this, then I don’t want her.” I must say that this is not such a bad habit to pick up. It is healthy to express what you want in a partner and what you do not want. It is fun to daydream about dating someone wonderful that brings some of those adorable scenarios to life. 

I have come up with a few examples to spark your creativity:  

• If he doesn’t like to take spontaneous weekend trips with me, then I don’t want him. 
  • If she doesn’t want to snuggle and have a “Harry Potter” marathon, then I don’t want her. 
  • If he leaves me on read for weeks and then decides to text me out of the blue at 1 a.m on a Saturday, then I don’t want him. 
  • If my future husband doesn’t come over and cook me a meal just because, then I don’t want him. 
  • If my girlfriend doesn’t sit on the opposite side of the booth, then I don’t want her. 
  • If my future wife does not want to stay in and play “World of Warcraft” with me, then I don’t want her. 
  • If my future boo doesn’t like it when my girls come over for wine night, then I don’t want him. 
  • If my future bae doesn’t steal my clothes and make up for it by kissing my neck, then I don’t want her.
  • If my future bae doesn’t want me to hang out with my friends, then I don’t want him. 

Think about what makes you smile to yourself when nobody else is watching. What is your idea of a perfect date night? What is your idea of a disaster date night? What makes you feel like you’re dancing on a cloud? What has made you so upset that you had to scream into the nearest pillow? Reflect on that a bit. Then you will have a better understanding of what you’re looking for in a partner. And frankly, you deserve someone who can make any day a great one!

couple
Photo by Shanique Wright on Unsplash

Hannah Rzepka is a senior at UNCW studying communication studies with a concentration in marketing. She enjoys creative writing alongside her studies and aspires to be a published author in the near future. Hannah has been writing for HerCampus UNCW for almost four years and has cherished every second of it!!