Steals & Deals: Black Friday and Cyber Monday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

As I am sitting here watching all the thanksgiving festivities slowly come to an end, I wonder if I am the only one with Black Friday shopping on my mind? It started with one store and now it happens every year; gets crazier each and every time.  Despite the hectic pace of it all, Black Friday is one of my favorite traditions. Going through the ads with my mom and sisters brainstorming our plan of attack.  Some of you are probably sitting there wondering if the deals are worth all the chaos. I would say to you that Black Friday shopping isn’t always about the shopping. The tradition can be a great way to bond with friends or have fun with your family! For me, it is all about the family tradition. 

However, almost everyone in our generation is all about technology so we can’t forget about Cyber Monday! Online shopping is becoming increasingly more popular and can be a great way to find cute outfits in the luxury of your own room.  Cyber Monday allows you to still get the deals similar to that of Black Friday without the risk of getting trampled by the crazy shopping crowds.  Personally, I prefer the chaos of Black Friday shopping and the rush I get when I finally get the item I have been eyeing in all the ads, as well as watching my family get the deals they are searching for.  So, whether you are a fellow Black Friday shopper or take part in Cyber Monday, remember to have fun with it and enjoy yourself and may the deals be ever in your favor.  (Also, share your deals so the odds can also be in everyone’s favor!)