This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

It’s the beginning of a new semester, and that means classes, clubs and social activities are back and kicked into high gear. Whenever you don’t feel like getting out of bed, listen to some of these songs for much-needed inspo. It’s going to be a great semester!

“Oh My Love” – The Score

This is a sweet song with a catchy beat and addictive hook. I could honestly listen to it on repeat for an hour and not get tired of it.

“Dancing Queen” – ABBA

Every ABBA song is a guaranteed hit, but “Dancing Queen” should be everyone’s anthem. It’s danceable and groovy, and if you don’t feel like a queen (or king) when you listen to it, you need to listen to it 15 more times.

“Burn the House Down” – AJR AJR’s music is a fusion of pop, alternative, and techno dance music. It’s unique and like no other music I’ve listened to before. “Burn the House Down” is one of my favorites because it makes me feel like I could single-handedly take down the patriarchy. (I can’t…but it’s nice to feel that powerful sometimes.)

“Wannabe” – Spice Girls

Beginning of the semester blues? Grab your best girls and scream-sing “Wannabe.” It’s like the Spice Girls know exactly what I’m thinking…

“Hard Times” – Paramore

A song about hard times has never been so upbeat. You’ll forget about your troubles when you listen to this song from Paramore’s After Laughter album.

“What I Like About You” – The Romantics

An oldie but a goodie. A cover of “What I Like About You” was also featured in the Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis version of Freaky Friday which automatically gives it street cred in my book.

“My Type” – Saint Motel

“My Type” has a retro sound that is impossible not to dance along to. It was also my second most-played song of 2018 according to Spotify (which doesn’t count the amount of times I’ve watched the music video). The first? “Out of My League” by Fitz and The Tantrums. Another great song!

“Big Time Rush” – Big Time Rush

No, I’m not kidding. I mean, listen to the lyrics:

Go and shake it up, whatcha gotta lose? Go and make your luck with the life you choose! If you want it all, lay it on the line. It’s the only life you got, so you gotta live it big time!

I mean, come on. That’s pure poetry!

Good luck with the new semester, Seahawks. What music do you listen to when you need a pick-me-up? Tweet @HerCampusUNCW and let us know!

xo

-Rachel

Rachel is a senior and Creative Writing major/English minor at UNCW. She loves to write about entertainment and often publishes listicles on her favorite movies, music, and TV. Rachel is probably rereading the Percy Jackson books, watching comedy specials on Netflix, or petting a dog right about now. Sometimes, she's doing all three.