The Sleep Revolution: Transforming Your Life One Night at a Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Why is sleep something we always want more of but we can never seem to get enough? As college students, especially with finals approaching, uninterrupted sleep is hard to find. Between juggling schoolwork, extracurricular activities and life in general, students are constantly craving a good night’s rest. In Arianna Huffington’s new book The Sleep Revolution, she gives us the opportunity to learn more about why we don’t get enough sleep and how we can fix this issue. With the help of this innovative book, you can start “transforming your life, one night at a time”.

Sleep deprivation is a trait most people pick up while in college. Nights are often spent in the library or out on the town until the wee hours of the morning. This lifestyle may seem productive at the moment, but it eventually catches up with us in the worst way. Many people carry these habits into adulthood and this cycle of sleep deprivation never seems to end. In The Sleep Revolution, Arianna Huffington explains that not only is the lack of sleep uncomfortable, but it can also lead to serious health problems including heart disease, Alzheimer’s and cancer. Overall, getting more sleep can help prevent these issues while also making us more successful in our daily lives.

Arianna also offers us some tips to make every night successful in the sleep department. Check out her sleeping tips below and put them into action when you lay down in bed tonight.

In addition to these tips and the help of The Sleep Revolution, there are also some other great products that can make every night a great night of deep sleep. To create a peaceful environment, try using the Marpac portable sound machine. The sound machine introduces soothing sounds to create “white noise” while also diminishing unwanted noises. Another great addition to any bedroom is the super comfortable Coco-Mat pillow, which can help us all relax while lying in bed. These pillows are designed and customized so that they appeal to everyone’s specificities.

With the help of the Arianna Huffington’s tips from The Sleep Revolution, we can all learn how to make nighttime a sacred time. Now who’s ready to catch some Zzzz’s tonight?