The Seniors of HC UNCW 2016: Hannah Rodgers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Hi, my name is Hannah and I am about to graduate from UNCW with a double major in Communication Studies and Spanish. It is crazy to think that graduation will be here this weekend. I can remember freshman move in like it was yesterday and I can safely say that I am not ready to leave this place yet. I have made so many incredible memories and friends, both of which make it very hard to see this chapter of my life end. In addition to all of the great things about UNCW, Her Campus has been a vital part of my time at this university. I was so lucky to have the opportunity to serve as Campus Correspondent with Francesca Giordano for my entire senior year. Throughout my time with HC UNCW, I have had the amazing opportunity to meet other women just like me and this has made a huge impact on my college career.

I will be sticking around Wilmington for the summer, but when August rolls around I will be headed to Spain to teach English and serve as a cultural ambassador. To make my decision even harder, I have also been accepted to attend the George Washington University in DC to pursue my graduate degree in public health communication and marketing. In order to fulfill both dreams, I have chosen to push this back a little bit and attend in the fall of 2017. Although it will be sad to leave, I know that there are great things to come in the future and I am excited to see where my journey takes me next!