The Seniors of HC UNCW 2016: Emily Burton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Why, hello there. I’m Emily Burton, and I am graduating in a couple of days from UNCW with a B.F.A. in Creative Writing and a B.A. in Theatre Performance. I transferred to UNCW during my sophomore year, and even though it caused me to add on a fifth year, it was the best decision on my life. Although most students would dread adding on an extra year, my fifth year has been one of my favorites because it was the year I decided to join Her Campus UNCW. I only wish I could have joined sooner because being a part this an amazing team of women has been so much fun, and I’ve made so many friends through it. Her Campus helped me discover a new side to my writing, something much wittier than what I was used to in my classes. I had a blast writing for Her Campus. I’m going to miss this awesome group of girls a lot, but I know next year’s team is going to kill it!

Emily is a senior at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. She is a double major in Theatre Performance and Creative Writing with a concentration in Fiction. She's also been a member of the UNCW Dance Company for 4 years now. During her free time, she likes to spend it reading Vogue, watching Sex & The City, and shopping at Sephora. Besides taking part in the obvious acting and writing, Emily also is an avid singer and photographer. You can follow her on Twitter: @emilyaleece & Instagram: @emilyaleece