danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Senior Year as Told by Grey’s Anatomy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

The time has come, those four short years of eating in the dining hall, going out every weekend, and hanging out with your best friends; the times that you thought would last forever are finally coming to an end. For those of you who still have time left, enjoy it while you can and to all the seniors, just know you’re not alone!

That feeling you get when it actually sinks in that you’re a senior and you only have one more year to spend with all your best friends before hitting the real world.

When you go out to the bars and it starts to feel like more of a chore than a luxury and you would really rather just stay in your bed with some good food.

When your underclassmen friends start complaining that they only have two more years left in college when you just sent in your application to graduate.

The moment you realize being a senior means you have to start applying for jobs.

When you spent so much time filling out job applications just to get an email that says they decided to hire someone else.

Suddenly, it’s March and you still don’t have a job and your life seems to be falling apart and all you can do is worry that you spent four years in school only to be unemployed.

When you get called about your first interview and you do your happy dance.

And lastly, when you walk across that stage to grab your diploma and it hits you that you are no longer a college student and have to leave all your friends.

[Photo courtesy: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8]

Sophomore at the University of North Carolina Wilmington, Business and Marketing Major with a Psychology Minor