Samantha Fisher, Campus Cutie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Samantha Fisher

Age: 19

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Ash, NC

Major: Marine Biology, with a minor in Oceanography

Relationship status: Single

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

SF: I’m involved in Scuba Club, the Honors Scholars Association, and I’m also an initiated member of Phi Sigma Pi.

HC: What do you enjoy doing in your free time?

SF: I honestly just like hanging out with my dog, Violet, and painting on occasion. I also enjoy watching trashy TV with my roommate on school nights and going to the beach.

HC: What’s your favorite show and why?

SF: My favorite show is Grey’s Anatomy because anything by Shonda Rhimes is amazing. Her shows are soo quality. Plus all of the doctors are super cute — Alex Karev is my favorite!

HC: What has been your favorite part of UNCW so far? Least favorite?

SF: My favorite part is that all of my professors are really passionate about what they’re teaching and my least favorite part is that I can’t stop to pet all of the dogs on chancellors.

HC: What are three things you want to accomplish in your lifetime?

SF: 1. I want to get some sort of graduate degree.

2. I would love to give a TED Talk on something related to marine biology.

3. My ultimate goal is to be known as a genuinely good person.

HC: What’s something interesting about yourself that many people don’t know about?

SF: I have two associate’s degrees: one in art and one in science.

HC: What would you do with a million dollars?

SF: I would rescue all of the dogs that I could, especially all of the older dogs that nobody usually wants.

Photos courtesy of Samantha Fisher

Lindsay is a senior at UNCW studying Criminology and Sociology. When she's not contemplating the deeply rooted inequalities of the criminal justice system, she is either working out at the Rec Center or sitting in Starbucks with a coffee or tea in hand.