“Rock For A Cure” Rocks To The Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Friday the 13th turned out to be good luck for the 11th annual Rock For A Cure event. A night of supporting breast cancer awareness, the event raised over 5,000 in one night! Over the past eleven years, the event has now raised $51,000 for the Pink Ribbon Project.

If you missed out, the event was filled with live music from the Schoolboys, raffle prizes, and a photo booth. The rooftop bar at Reel Café was an amazing venue with beautiful views of downtown and the Wilmington bridge. The Schoolboys’ band members featured professors from the Communication Studies department. For the students, it was a fun surprise to see their professors (including the head of the department!) outside of the classroom.

Leading up to the big day, the Rock For A Cure team ran a campaign called “I Rock For” and even got Jesse McCartney to participate. The Pink Ribbon Project supports local women in Wilmington fighting breast cancer, so the money raised supports our neighbors.

This awesome event will be back next year, so do your part to support a great cause! 

[Photos Courtesy of Rock For A Cure and Patty Worthy] 

Most likely at Target and/or drinking sweet tea. Senior from Apex, North Carolina. Co-Campus Correspondent for the UNCW chapter, Contact me with any comments or questions!