This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

During our last meeting of the spring semester, the team received goodie bags filled with products! One certain product was the Buxom’s Va-Va-Plump Shiny Liquid Lipstick in the shade of “Dolly”. Dolly is a clearer color that can be applied to add a little shine and gloss to your lips or add after applying lipstick. I am a self-proclaimed makeup guru. My go to makeup is lipstick. I have a huge obsession with lipstick and I think it really dolls up a look. I love everything cosmetics and even worked at Ulta for a few years. I had recognized the name Buxom and was thrilled to get a free sample and to write a product review!

This is a sample product, so the size is very small. When I first looked at the package it came in, I loved the name and I thought the color would be a deep mauve-wine type. My favorite lipstick color is pink, so I was excited to branch out of the pink department. I applied the lipstick on my bare lips (no other lipstick) and the color was almost clear, maybe a little hint of mauve. This lipstick would be very pretty on a beach day where you don’t want to wear a lot of makeup or you just want to add a little shine to your lips. The texture of the lipstick was almost like it was lip gloss, hence the shiny liquid part. Also, it tingles! But in a awesome good way! This is how you know your lips will be plumped! And has a fantastic smell to it. Overall, I will give this product an 8/10. To me, this would classify as a lipstick and I would pair it on top of another darker or brighter lipstick to plump up your lips. Buxom also shouldn’t have enhanced how dark the lipstick was on the package and should’ve made it true to color. You can visit your local Ulta or Sephora to purchase your own!

[Photos courtesy of Taylor Winch & Sephora]

[Gif courtesy of Giphy]

Just a blonde with an unhealthy obsession with flamingos and Target