A Review of Bed Head TIGI Beach Freak Moisturizing Detangler Spray

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

To be honest I have never really used Bed Head products before, but I have only heard good things about them. So I was super pumped to actually try one of their products especially since it was made for a day at the beach. Unfortunately, due to finals being so close I did not have the chance to go to the beach and it was another wonderful windy day on campus.

My roommate and I both tried the Beach Freak Moisturizing Detangler Spray for the day to see if our hair could withstand the wind. I have mid-length curly/wavy hair so anything that can make my hair more presentable the better. My roommate, Miranda, has short straight hair so she was just looking for something that would make her hair less frizzy while still looking like she brushed it.

We both started off at 10:30 am with clean wet hair and we added the detangler spray and combed it through like the directions said to do. You can use the spray on either damp or dry hair– just make sure you comb it through. Miranda just used Bed Head and I added a little bit of leave-in conditioner for my curls. Then we went about our day. Miranda noticed right away that her hair was drying faster and less frizzy.

We cleaned up our apartment a little bit then we took a trip to Walmart for groceries with the windows down. This was a true test as the wind was whipping our hair around.

At the end of the day around 7 pm, both of our hair was less frizzy and we could run our fingers through it. I like the way it made my hair look and smell throughout the day. I was kind of surprised that it worked because most products like this one don’t do much for my thick, curly head of hair. Miranda said it made her hair less frizzy on a windy day like this and didn’t have to brush her hair all day– bonus! She said it also added a little bit more volume to her thin hair. 

We both enjoyed this product and will recommended it to anyone who has problems with frizz and tangles.  

[Photos courtesy of Julie Reyes]

Julie is a positive senior from the University of North Carolina Wilmington. She is an inspiring travel journalist who is double majoring in Communication Studies and International Studies along with having a minor in Spanish. With a lot on her plate you can always catch her in the library or stress knitting in her apartment while bing-watching "Queer Eye" or "Parks and Rec".