This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

So this past January, I was in the hunt to change my beauty routine. I found a better skin and hair routine so I was on the search for better oral care. Once I started researching, the Quip toothbrush kept popping up on my Pinterest and Facebook feeds. Now Quip is being sold in Target and has ads on Snapchat.

Quip is an electric toothbrush that has been created with the thought of being affordable and easy to travel with. Another thing that sets them apart from other toothbrush companies is their options for toothbrush head and toothpaste subscriptions. Most dentist recommend that you switch your toothbrush every three months. Quip sends its users a new toothbrush head every three months for $5.

After doing some intensive research, I decided to buy the toothbrush with a toothbrush head subscription. I haven’t had an electric toothbrush since I was kid and, honestly, I just like the way that it looked. It looked slick and easy to use so I took the leap of faith and wasn’t disappointed.

The feature that I was most excited for was the two-minute timer. The timer pauses every thirty-seconds to remind you to move to a different section of your mouth. It gives equal opportunity for a cleaner mouth.

Also, the Quip toothbrush is battery powered so it makes traveling easy. I brought to Mexico with me in March and it went through TSA with no problem. The travel sleeve also suctions to the bathroom mirror for easy storage.

Overall, 10 months later, I am still obsessed with this toothbrush and I will probably give it as holidays gifts. I have noticed better oral hygiene and whiter teeth. My mom even said my teeth looked whiter so I knew it wasn’t in my head. I really like this toothbrush and can see myself using this brand for a while.

[Photos courtesy of getquip.com]

Julie is a positive senior from the University of North Carolina Wilmington. She is an inspiring travel journalist who is double majoring in Communication Studies and International Studies along with having a minor in Spanish. With a lot on her plate you can always catch her in the library or stress knitting in her apartment while bing-watching "Queer Eye" or "Parks and Rec".