Pet Profiles: Hattie and Gracie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

In honor of National Puppy Day being last week, I thought it would be the perfect time to introduce my two absolute favorite pups!

Meet Hattie and Gracie, our two-toy poodle pups! Gracie (on the left) is our oldest dog; she is just three years old but tends to lounge around the house as if she owns the place. She is the biggest lap dog around and the absolute best cuddler you will ever meet! However, once she spies a squirrel, she darts out into the backyard as if she is actually fast enough and can climb trees. Hattie (on the right), short for Hatteras, is a little over two years old and has enough energy for the whole house. She loves to run around and to chew the occasional bone, but in her free time she likes to pose for pictures, as she knows how cute she is!

Even though these two pups are so close in age, Gracie always acts like the “alpha” dog and whatever she is doing; Hattie MUST be doing it too. If she is chewing on a bone, Hattie has to have that exact bone, even when there are three others lying around. If Gracie is getting a belly rub, Hattie will whine until you give her the attention she wants!

Sometimes Gracie tries to act like she doesn’t like Hattie, but at the end of the day, you can find them nudged up against one another really close! They are the most fun and loving animals and I wouldn’t trade them for anything else!

Sophomore at the University of North Carolina Wilmington, Business and Marketing Major with a Psychology Minor