One Tree Hill Comes Home!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

One Tree Hill is very dear to Wilmington’s heart. It’s been more than 10 years since the locally filmed show aired its series premier and three years since it’s been off the air. Ever since, our life has been filled with nostalgia.

Worry no more! The OTH cast is returning to its home of Wilmington in March. The weekend-long convention (March 27-29) will be taking place at the Hilton Wilmington Riverside. The convention held by EyeCon will include Q & A sessions, autograph signings, games, panels, Photo Op sessions, two OTH-themed parties and private meet and greets.

The two themed parties are Friday night’s “Tree Hill Graduation Party” and Saturday’s “One Night at Tric.” Club Tric will be recreated and promises appearances by some of the participating celebrities. So far Chad Michael Murray (Lucas), Antwon Tanner (Skills), Lee Norris (Mouth), and Michael Copon (Felix) are the confirmed celebrities to take part in this event. More guests will be announced in the next few months before the event takes place. 

Wilmington is the perfect place for the whole cast to reunite as the show itself was based here for nine years. Better known as “Tree Hill,” Wilmy was the shooting location for most of the outdoor scenes. Since filming ended, the famous basketball court where Lucas would play has been covered up. You can still visit Brooke and Lucas’ houses. The location used for Karen’s Coffee and Clothes Over Bros, is now the PCJ on the corner of Grace and Front St.  

The spring event will be happening thanks to a dedicated fan who wrote up a petition to have a convention in Wilmington for her favorite show. EyeCon, who usually hosts events for sci-fi shows, such as The Vampire Diaries and Supernatural, will now bring the fans’ request to life. This will be the first ever OTH convention in North America.

The cast most recently reunited on Oct. 18 for a Parisian convention called “From Wilmington to Paris 2.” Among the attendees were Sophia Bush (Brooke), Bethany Joy Lenz (Haley), Hilarie Burton (Peyton), Paul Johansson (Dan), Antwon Tanner (Skillz), James Laffery (Nathan), Torrey DeVitto (Nanny Carrie), Stephen Colletti (Chase), and many more.

Tickets for the convention are on sale now! General admission for the whole weekend is $90, but that only includes entrance to the convention. Attendance to the parties, meet and greets and photo ops can be purchased separately. Prices range from $30 to $795. 

Get Tickets Here!