Nina Papanikolaou, Campus Cutie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Nina Papanikolaou

Year: Sophomore

Major: Biology (Pre-med)

Minor: Spanish and Neuroscience

Hometown: Athens, Greece

Relationship Status: Single

Nina is a fierce soul who has been living in Wilmington for a major portion of her life. Her friends best describe her as awesome, fun, energetic, and a potato. Read on to find out more about her awesome personality and crazy adventures here at UNCW!

HC: What’s a perfect date like for you?

I’ve never really thought of a specific perfect date. I think a date would be perfect for me if the guy and I really hit it off. I don’t really care what we do or where we go, as long as we both have fun. Oh, but he has to be able to make me laugh!

HC: What’s your perfect man like?

Well, I’m pretty tall so he’d have to be taller than me. Also, I really love beards on a guy! As far as personality, I’d love a nice guy that can make me laugh and someone that has goals in his life.

HC: What’s your favorite thing about being a student at UNCW?

Meeting new people! I’m so social and I will start a conversation with anyone. So, it’s easier for me to do this at UNCW because everyone is so friendly and pretty easy to get along with.

HC: Are you involved in any clubs or organizations on campus?

I’m a part of the International Student Organization, and I’m also an International Student Mentor and Orientation Volunteer.

HC: Hobbies?

I love running, playing volleyball, watching soccer, and hanging out with my friends.

HC: Female Celebrity Crush?

Emma Watson! She is so classy, and just absolutely lovely. She just seems like an amazing role model for women everywhere.

HC: If you were one of the Doctor’s companions, who would you be and why?

I think I’m most like Rose Tyler, because I’m always looking for new adventures and she seems pretty laid back.

HC: Favorite Quote? 

It is from the J.R.R. Tolkien poem “All That is Gold Does Not Glitter.” It is the part that goes, “Not All those who wander are lost” and I am actually getting it as my next tattoo.

HC: If you had a superpower what would it be?

I really would love to be able to read peoples mind, or if other people had super powers to be able to absorb their powers and use them as my own.

HC: What’s been your most awkward moment at UNCW so far?

I have so many it makes it so hard to choose! I think my most awkward moment would probably have to be when I was waiting for my friend to come and pick me up, and I thought I saw her car so I went running towards it (apparently looking really excited) and when I got closer it ended up not being her, but another car that was full of random strangers. I tried so hard to dodge the shame, but it was too late. 

Asia Francine Butler, known amongst her friends as "The Last of the Time Lords" is a professional student for the University of North Carolina Wilmington. After receiveing her International Baccalaureate Diploma in December of 2013 and being immersed in the friendly and lively atmosphere of UNCW, she decided to pursue a variety of interests, including, but not limited to writing for both Her Campus UNCW and Cape Fear Living Magazine, acting as an Orientation Leader for the International Students, being a Conversation Partner for the English as a Second Language students at UNCW, being a Peer Mentor for incoming International Students, and being a Historian in the Seahawk Crossing for the Residence Hall Association, being a Brother of the academic National Honors Fraternity, Phi Sigma Pi, and being a member of Sigma Alpha Lambda's honors society. She writes at least four articles a month, two for Her Campus UNCW and two for Cape Fear Living Mgazine, and has positively affected the lives of hundreds of international exchange students and UNCW students. Furthermore, she have positively affected and engaged in the lives of many people in the North Carolina community through volunteering with Habitat for Humanity UNCW, UNC Weekends, Burrito Bikers, and playing intramural soccer. Although she has a passion for writing, she is enrolled as a history major in the University of North Carolina Wilmington in preparation for entering law school in the Fall of 2016. While she enjoys temporarily living at the beach for most of her college career, her heart lies with her two adorable German Shepherds, Mitch and Maple along with the loving Butler parents and her two creative and beautiful younger sisters in Greensboro, North Carolina.