This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Niki Guerrero

Age: 19

Hometown: Cary, NC

Year: Sophomore

Major: Biology

Relationship Status: Single

Niki is an ambitious UNCW sophomore, highly involved both on and off campus. She is the Trip Coordinator for  UNCW’s  Global Medical Training Club, a Group Fitness Instructor, a member of Sigma Alpha Omega, and she volunteers at St. Mary’s Medical Clinic. She also spends time studying muscle kinesiology, as a DIS with Dr. Kinsey.

HC: Tell us about your sorority! Who is your big?

NG: I joined Sigma Alpha Omega in fall 2014. Michelle Queen is my big sister. It’s ironic because we could actually pass at real sisters!

HC: What are some of the things that set it apart from other Greek life organizations?

NG: We are a sorority based upon Christian values. It is an awesome network of sisters that encourage and support each other in college and life. I really enjoy our weekly bible studies and fun socials, like bowling or ice skating.

HC: What are four things you value in a guy?

NG: A healthy lifestyle, being smart, having a kind heart, and a sense of humor.

HC: Describe your ideal date!

NG: My ideal date would be to eat outdoors at a delicious restaurant and then take a nice stroll on the beach while the sun sets. I’m simple and enjoy nature!

HC: Where is your favorite place to hang out on campus?

NG: Our rec center is so nice and they have everything!

HC: Who is your favorite musical artist?

NG: There are so many to choose from! I enjoy listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sam Smith, and Ed Sheeran.

HC: Last year, you became a fitness instructor at UNCW’s Student Rec Center. Describe the classes you teach.

NG: I mainly teach cycling, which I love! It is an hour long cardio class. This semester I teach it at 6:40am on Mondays and Wednesdays for all of the early risers! I like to use music that pumps up the participants and motivates us to keep pushing! The cycle studio at our rec center has about 20 bikes and I would love to see some new faces in there bright and early this semester!

HC: You’re also a nursing assistant. What is your job description and what kinds of responsibilities do you have?

NG: I am a nursing assistant (CNA) at Brightmore. It is an assisted living place off of 41st Street. I help the older folks with the activities of daily living like waking up, hygiene, eating, showering, going to the bathroom, and going to sleep. I just started a couple of months ago and am gaining experience at this facility. I hope to apply to New Hanover Regional Medical Center soon and work as an Emergency Department Technician.

HC: Tell us about your upcoming service trip over spring break.

NG: I am going to Panama over spring break with GMT (an UNCW organization) to set up a medical clinic. I will have the opportunity to work closely with doctors while they teach us how to effectively access and treat a patient. I am super excited to go and it takes me one step closer to accomplishing my dreams!

HC: What are your career goals?

NG: My dream is to become a doctor. I would really love to specialize in emergency medicine and take medical mission trips around the world serving the people who can’t afford health care.

HC: Do you have any favorite quotes?                                 

NG: “The happiest people don’t have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything.”

“Be with those who bring out the best in you, not the stress in you.”

“Be the change you wish to see in the world.”

Photos courtesy of Niki Guerrero.

Sierra is a Communication Studies major, and finally a senior! In addition to writing for Her Campus, she is the Lifestyles Editor for UNCW's student newspaper, The Seahawk. She is the Social Media Chair for the university's Style and Modeling Company (STYMO). In her free time, you can most likely find her catching a concert at Ziggy's by the Sea in downtown Wilmington.