New Nicholas Sparks Book Set At UNCW

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Famous romance novelist Nicholas Sparks has chosen Wilmington as his next setting for his latest released novel, See Me. Whether you’re an avid reader or not, everyone knows Nicholas Sparks, famous for his popular romance novels that inspired movies such as The Notebook and The Last Song. Although almost all of Sparks novels are set somewhere in North Carolina, his latest book is set right here in Wilmington.  

Photo courtesy of nicholassparks.com.

Sparks frequently mentions UNCW and our beautiful town. The main character, Colin Hancock, attends the university studying to be an education major. From the clock tower to the education building, Sparks really strikes close to home. The author discusses campus life and the students surrounding Colin, who is in his late twenties. Sparks even brings up the beautiful architecture of the campus buildings, specifically giving a shout-out to Dobo, Kenan, and Hoggard Hall. Our campus and our town truly shines bright in this novel and is a great read for locals on or off campus (even if you’re not an avid reader).

Not to give out any spoilers, See Me is (obviously) a love story between main characters Colin Hancock and Maria Sanchez, who are in different places in their lives. Sparks details on his website that his eighteenth novel is “A simple love story with thriller-like elements. However, unlike previous novels, See Me has more twists and turns.”

Although Sparks’s novel The Choice will be the next featured film coming out in early 2016, See Me should expect to become a film sometime in the future! 

Most likely at Target and/or drinking sweet tea. Senior from Apex, North Carolina. Co-Campus Correspondent for the UNCW chapter, Contact me with any comments or questions!