This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

We all need to distract ourseleves from the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic for the sake of our mental health. Music has always been a way for me to escape or even help better express or understand what I am feeling. 

Now that we are well under a year of dealing with COVID-19, I have had plenty of time to craft the perfect “pandemic playlist.” My playlist is a work in progress of a  mix of happy and sad songs to help get me through whatever mood I am feeling in the moment. But most importantly it helps remind me that even in our isolation we are not alone. 

So whether you need a pick-me-up, want to vibe in the sadness or just want to dance around in your room, this playlist is for you! 

HCXO,

Happy listening! 

Veronica is a senior majoring in Communication Studies and minoring in Journalism. After college Veronica hopes to write for a newspaper or magazine like The New York Times or Boston Globe. Outside of writing, Veronica enjoys riding her bike, hammocking, reading, volunteering, and cheering on the Cubs.