Warner Bros. Pictures

My Final Semester of College Bucketlist

It’s hard to believe, but I’ve made it to my final semester at UNCW. After many highs and lows, I’m a few short months away from walking the stage and getting that diploma. (Yay Class of 2020!)

For my last semester, I’ve written up a bucketlist of things I want to do before I graduate. I want to have fun things to look forward to so I can beat the already-looming threat of senioritis. Some of these are new things that I’ve never tried or that come naturally with being a senior, but others are time-honored UNCW traditions I want to enjoy at least once more before I go. Without further ado, my final semester bucketlist!

1. Try a new food at a local Wilmington restaurant.

[bf_image id="q5ngy9-dop51c-2jd0xk"] 2. Go to a UNCW sports game.

[bf_image id="q2y185-uxsg8-cuk5xm"] 3. Go to Dub Idol—my favorite annual on-campus event!

[bf_image id="q64kgh-5pk5v4-7yvn4t"]

4. Spend lots of time in nature—especially at the beach.

[bf_image id="q2xrjo-d041m0-duhfee"] 5. Go downtown for the Azalea Festival.

[bf_image id="q5k4r1-ayw43c-encmzd"] 6. Pick a new fun, creative activity to do to relax when school gets stressful (preferably something crafty).

[bf_image id="q4s6il-gd0h4-9u0ko3"] 7. Decorate my graduation cap with a quote that inspires.

[bf_image id="q5wt45-ivz60-25osva"] 8. Read at the Creative Writing department’s BFA Reading in April. This is something I've been looking forward to since I started my major!

[bf_image id="q5d838-38a4m8-fjjxw8"] 9. Buy a UNCW alumni shirt at the UNCW Bookstore and...

[bf_image id="q2whl0-5onh60-fqb7dj"] 10. Go to graduation! ?

[bf_image id="q2whl0-5onh60-3oijdd"] I’m excited for my last semester and for my post-grad future. I know I’ll miss my amazing school and will look back on my college years fondly, using what I’ve learned in and out of the classrooms in my personal and professional life.

As I enter the beginning of the end, I just have one more thing to say: Go Seahawks!

Rachel is a senior and Creative Writing major/English minor at UNCW. She loves to write about entertainment and often publishes listicles on her favorite movies, music, and TV. Rachel is probably rereading the Percy Jackson books, watching comedy specials on Netflix, or petting a dog right about now. Sometimes, she's doing all three.