alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Music Midtown Festival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Music Midtown (MM) is a music festival that is held annually in Atlanta, GA during the summer. Starting in 1994, MM compiled a diverse lineup every year until 2005 when the festival took a six-year break. Finally, due to popular demand, the festival returned in 2011. MM started as a relatively small music festival, spanning two days long with three stages to showcase music. As the festival gained popularity, it was expanded to a three-day event, with six stages to provide more room for entertainment. When MM made a comeback in 2011, it downsized to a one-day event with only one single stage. Luckily for the fans of MM, in 2012 the festival decided to add another day and another stage, returning the festival back to its original glory. 

The Music Midtown is now held in September in Piedmont Park, located at the heart of Atlanta’s business district. MM is known for assembling artists from all different genres of music to create a two-day showcase of incredible talent. Last year MM featured performances by Journey, Arctic Monkeys, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Kendrick Lamar. Unfortunately, these performances were enjoyed in the rain, but that didn’t stop any of the concertgoers from having a blast. In fact, the rain created a lot of mud, which actually proved to make for a very fun, yet messy, experience.

http://www.musicmidtown.com                

This year, the general admission, two-day pass was only 135 dollars. The diverse lineup included John Mayer, Lana del Rey, Lorde, Eminem, Jack White, Iggy Azalea, Run DMC and many more. MM’s ability to keep the lineup packed with a variety of old and new artists is what makes this festival so popular. This large spectrum of music makes MM appealing to a wide array of people, so everyone leaves the concert happy, with a smile on their face.

This vast variety of music made for an incredible weekend that will keep people talking about the festival until this weekend roles around again next year. So, although Music Midtown has come and gone this year, be sure not to miss a show that is sure to amaze in 2015.