Bridgerton cast posing for Netflix poster
Netflix

Meet Simone Ashley, Bridgerton’s New Swoon-Worthy Star

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

By now, I’m sure we’ve all heard the news that our beloved Regé-Jean Page, aka the Duke of Hastings, isn’t returning to season 2 of “Bridgerton.” Like any sane person, you’re probably just as devastated as I am. However, let me introduce you to the new star romantic interest of “Bridgerton,” actress Simone Ashley!

Bridgerton on a NOOK
Photo by Shayna Douglas from Unsplash

Ashley is a 26 year old English actress. You might know her from her work as Olivia Hanan on “Sex Education.” If you haven’t seen the show, I’d recommend watching it.

You can also check out her Instagram @simoneasshley to learn more about her and see why she is a perfect addition to the cast of absolutely stunning “Bridgerton” actors.

Each season of “Bridgerton” is based on one of the books in the series by Julia Quinn. In the upcoming season of “Bridgerton,” based on the second book, The Viscount Who Loved Me, Ashley is slated to play Kate Sharma (readers of the books may know her as Kate Sheffield), Anthony Bridgerton’s new love interest. According to Netflix’s official casting announcement on Twitter, “Kate is a smart, headstrong young woman who suffers no fools — Anthony Bridgerton very much included.” 

Netflix on Macbook screen
Photo by cottonbro by Pexels

I, for one, can’t wait to see Ashley bring life to her new character. I’m sure that she’ll be a well-loved member of the “Bridgerton” cast, and you can be sure that I’ll be here to write about it as soon as season 2 comes out!

Until then, check out “Sex Education” to see our new leading lady in action! I’ll be doing the same, along with putting on post notifications for all of the “Bridgerton” social media accounts.

Daphne drinking
Netflix / Giphy.com

Xoxo, Maddy (UNCW’s aspiring Lady Whistledown)

Maddy Tamms is a member of the UNCW class of 2022. She enjoys movies, art, and traveling! When she isn't writing, Maddy is probably rewatching New Girl, Tangled, or Bridgerton.