This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Isaac “B-TIPS” Goldszer is a high-profile New York City DJ and photographer with roots in Detroit. He has shared the stage with world-famous performers like Kid Cudi, Snoop Dogg, Paul Wall, Cage, Jedi Mind Tricks and Wiz Khalifa’s DJ Bonics.

B-TIPS completed his undergraduate education at the University of Pittsburgh. He then went on to study medicine at Boston University, and was recently accepted to med school where he will earn his D.O. and become a physician.

In 2011, I met B-TIPS by chance outside of a Halloween party while I was a student at PITT, and have now been given the opportunity to do publicity for him in the South East.

He has recently been invited to share his knowledge and love of music with the next generation by teaching classes at a charter school in NYC.

In addition to establishing his personal DJ career, B-TIPS is also the co-founder of CROC MODE, a collective of NYC musicians that hosts the cities hottest dance parties.

DJ B-TIPS is currently on his spring and summer College Tour, and will be performing in cities like Pittsburgh, Erie, Philly, New York, and is also making a stop at Penn State. So far he only has tour dates set at schools in the North East, but keep an eye out for B-TIPS in Wilmington soon!

Stats:

·         Hosted more than 100 radio shows (Boston- Pittsburgh)

·         Received more than 100,000 plays on Soundcloud and YouTube

Courtesy of DJ B-Tips

Before you continue reading, I want you to experience the versatile style that defines DJ B-TIPS. So mute or pause whatever you’ve got on, and give this a listen.

Now, check out this insider’s interview!

HC: Who is the most interesting person you’ve worked with so far?

B-TIPS: I’d have to say BONICS. He taught me the most important lesson – that being humble should be your M.O. I had the opportunity to train and intern with him, and I really saw that he was willing to go the extra mile.

HC: Tell us about new venture in teaching.

B-TIPS: Well, I’ll be teaching Music Technology and DJ-ing to grades 6-12 at the Dwight School in New York.

HC: Do you have any prior experience with teaching?

B-TIPS: I’ve had some individuals as private clients, but this will be my first time teaching music classes and using lesson plans. During my time at the University of Pittsburgh, I helped other college students by tutoring in the ARC [Academic Resource Center].

HC: There are many stereotypes and generalizations about modern DJs. What sets you apart?

B-TIPS: I play every genre, not just progressive, hip-hop and house. I really play it all. Sometimes, things can get a little bizarre.

HC: Bizarre? What is an example of something crazy you’ve done on a mix?

B-TIPS: I like to center my mixes on themes. I once did one themed on fruit. There’s another one called Cancerfish, it samples an interview I did of a guy talking about Big Mouth Bass fishing.

For more on DJ B-TIPS, check out his blog and YouTube channel!

Sierra is a Communication Studies major, and finally a senior! In addition to writing for Her Campus, she is the Lifestyles Editor for UNCW's student newspaper, The Seahawk. She is the Social Media Chair for the university's Style and Modeling Company (STYMO). In her free time, you can most likely find her catching a concert at Ziggy's by the Sea in downtown Wilmington.