This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% our own.

I do not have a particularly dry face, but, from time to time, there are several areas of my face that dry up. I recently tried out Mary Kay Naturally Moisturizing Stick. While I used it for my face, it has been marketed as a moisturizer for the skin. 

I​ am not typically one to worry about whether or not beauty products are natural, mostly because I do not use too many, to begin with. But I knew Mary Kay was a particularly popular brand and the thought of a moisturizing stick caught my attention. I love a beauty product where I do not have to touch my face and get it anymore greasy with my fingers. 

Like​ all Mary Kay Naturally products, it is parabens, phthalates, synthetic fragrance, synthetic dyes and SLS/SLES. It is also free of silicone, mineral oil, alcohol and any GMOs.

The moisturizing stick itself is a balm and reminded of sunscreen balm sticks. I typically like lip balms, but I am not a huge fan of it in sunscreen or moisturizing form. 

While it did make my face feel a little less dry, I did not like the feel of it after. After applying it, my skin felt and look super shiny, oily and sticky. It was hard for me to get past that, so I only used it once a day before bed for about two weeks before going back to another moisturizer. It is also great, though, for traveling, since it is small in size and is not a liquid so it is TSA approved.  

If you do not mind your skin feeling sticky for a bit, then I would recommend this product. While I was excited to try it and liked the idea of a moisturizing stick, I ultimately did not think the final product was worth it and I will just stick to my lotion. 

Veronica is a senior majoring in Communication Studies and minoring in Journalism. After college Veronica hopes to write for a newspaper or magazine like The New York Times or Boston Globe. Outside of writing, Veronica enjoys riding her bike, hammocking, reading, volunteering, and cheering on the Cubs.