“Love Actually” Sequel in the Process

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

This is not a drill. I repeat this is NOT a drill. The beloved 2003 romantic comedy, Love Actually has a sequel in the works.

Don’t believe me? Here is a picture of the handsome Liam Neeson and Thomas Brodie-Sangster on the first day of shooting. This is real!

Twitter: @emmafreud

Now before you get too excited, the sequel is only a 10 minute short that is being released on Red Nose Day at the end of March to raise money. According to rednoseday.org, “Red Nose Day launched in the U.S. in 2015, dedicated to raising money to help children who are most in need, both in the U.S. and in some of the poorest communities in the world.” The sequel will be shown on March 24 on BBC One and will also be shown on NBC on May 25 for the America’s Red Nose Day. A great deal of the original cast is already confirmed to be returning in the short sequel including Andrew Lincoln, Bill Nighy, Colin Firth, Hugh Grant, Kiera Knightley, and Rowan Atkinson. The sequel was just recently announced, but more information will be released to the public soon. Until then, we will all just have to rewatch the amazing romcom and hope that the sequel is everything we could ever want. I’m dying to know if Juliette and Mark ever get together. I mean come on, Andrew Lincoln (Mark) is dreamy and they belong together. 

Bethany is a Senior at UNCW studying English.