Local Film Screening: “Catching the Sun”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

This is not your typical happy hour! UNCW Surfrider and Environment North Carolina will be hosting a film screening during happy hour (5:30) this Wednesday, April 5 at Wrightsville Beach Brewery. The film “Catching the Sun” is a Netflix documentary about the growth of solar and other renewables. The hosts will also welcome guest speaker Robert Parker from Cape Fear Solar Systems.

Environment North Carolina is a statewide organization to help protect our local environment. Their mission is to raise awareness and propose positive solutions on local issues such as fracking and protecting the Blue Ridge Parkway. Focusing on solar energy, North Carolina is in the top 25 nationwide which improves jobs and protecting clean air and water. UNCW Surfrider also strives to protect the environment with more focus on the North Carolina coast. The two organizations want to spread awareness to the community and campus by sharing this film and thoughts from Robert Parker. 

Wrightsville Beach Brewery is just down the street on Oleander Drive, if you wear the Brewery logo on Wednesday you will also receive 10% off food! This event is open to all ages, however you must be 21 or older to purchase alcohol. 

Most likely at Target and/or drinking sweet tea. Senior from Apex, North Carolina. Co-Campus Correspondent for the UNCW chapter, Contact me with any comments or questions!