Katie Millican, Campus Cutie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name : Katie Millican

Year : Sophomore

Major : Mechanical Engineering

Hometown : Monroe, NC

Relationship  Status: Super single!

Katie Millican is the ideal nerd. Her interests span from food to Harry Potter and everything in between. Her friends describe her as fun, quirky, loving, and having a kind soul. Read on to learn more about this awesome girl!

HC: What would a perfect date be like for you?

Oh, that’s a hard question. I’m not all that hard to please, really. It could be anything from something exciting (like hiking) to something chill (like an Netflix marathon in bed). As long as there is food involved at some point…

HC: What’s your favorite thing about being a student at UNCW?

I’m a huge fan of all the awesome people on campus. I don’t think I’ve really met anyone that isn’t interesting or unlikable.  There are so many different KINDS of people, it’s crazy. So yeah, the people are definitely my favorite thing about UNCW.

HC: Are you involved in any clubs or organizations on campus?

I recently got involved with the International Student Organization. I met a lot of really cool internationals last year so I thought, “Why not be a part of the official international welcoming committee?”

HC: Hobbies?

Being a dork.. no, seriously. I spend a lot of my free time reading fantasy novels and watching cartoons and playing Pokémon and looking up fan-art and fan-fiction online. It’s probably unhealthy and I’m totally not doing any of that while I’m answering these questions…

HC: If you were a Disney Princess, who would you be?

Oh! This one’s easy! Belle! She and I are practically the same person.  I also think I’m a lot like Elsa (if she even counts because she’s technically a Queen). The biggest difference between Elsa and I is the fact that the cold doesn’t bother her. I loathe the cold. *shivers*

HC: Favorite Quote?

My high school senior quote: “It is our choices that show who we are, far more than our abilities.” J.K. Rowling knows what she’s talking about.

HC: If you could talk to one person, dead or alive, real or imaginary, who would it be? Why?

Emma Watson, because she’s Emma Watson. Do I need another reason? I could kill two birds with one stone by talking to Hermione Granger.

HC: If you had a superpower what would it be?

Do wizard powers count? I mean, can we talk about how awesome that would be? Why pick ONE power when you can have pretty much all of them? Flying, teleporting, being invisible, levitating stuff, bewitching your house to clean itself and the best one: “ACCIO PIZZA!”

HC: Celebrity Crush?

Emma. Freaking. Watson. Hands down. She’s literally perfect. She’s gorgeous, smart, funny, super involved and caring *swoon*

HC: What’s been your most awkward moment at UNCW so far?

Oh, my Chemistry lab. I dropped a test-tube and it shattered on the floor. I’ve never seen so many heads whip around so fast. I didn’t see it very clearly though because I crouched behind the lab bench to hide my shame. I didn’t come back up for a long time..

Asia Francine Butler, known amongst her friends as "The Last of the Time Lords" is a professional student for the University of North Carolina Wilmington. After receiveing her International Baccalaureate Diploma in December of 2013 and being immersed in the friendly and lively atmosphere of UNCW, she decided to pursue a variety of interests, including, but not limited to writing for both Her Campus UNCW and Cape Fear Living Magazine, acting as an Orientation Leader for the International Students, being a Conversation Partner for the English as a Second Language students at UNCW, being a Peer Mentor for incoming International Students, and being a Historian in the Seahawk Crossing for the Residence Hall Association, being a Brother of the academic National Honors Fraternity, Phi Sigma Pi, and being a member of Sigma Alpha Lambda's honors society. She writes at least four articles a month, two for Her Campus UNCW and two for Cape Fear Living Mgazine, and has positively affected the lives of hundreds of international exchange students and UNCW students. Furthermore, she have positively affected and engaged in the lives of many people in the North Carolina community through volunteering with Habitat for Humanity UNCW, UNC Weekends, Burrito Bikers, and playing intramural soccer. Although she has a passion for writing, she is enrolled as a history major in the University of North Carolina Wilmington in preparation for entering law school in the Fall of 2016. While she enjoys temporarily living at the beach for most of her college career, her heart lies with her two adorable German Shepherds, Mitch and Maple along with the loving Butler parents and her two creative and beautiful younger sisters in Greensboro, North Carolina.