John Owens IV, Campus Cutie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: John Robert Owens IV

Year: Junior

Major: Business Finance

Hometown: Mebane, NC

Relationship Status: Single

John Robert Owens IV, or J as he is known among the youth, is hands down one of the classiest guys on campus. His awesome reputation stems from the kindness and respect that he displays for everyone he meets. Read on to learn more about J and if you have a J in your life, raise your glass. If not, raise your standards.

HC: What’s a perfect date like for you?

J: My perfect date would start out at a football game, followed by a romantic dinner at a fine restaurant, finally ending the night out on the town or at a party.

HC: Male celebrity crush?

J: James Franco <3

HC: If you could either be a duck or an owl, which would you be?

J: An owl for sure.

HC: What is your spirit animal?

J: A parrot

HC: Ugly and live forever or attractive and die in a year? Why?

J: Attractive. Only the good die young.

HC: Hobbies?

J: Swimming, working out, hosting parties, teaching people how to properly intoxicate themselves.

HC: Favorite quote?

J: “Money is a great servant, but a horrible master.” -French Proverb

HC: What’s the best book you’ve ever read?

J: I tried reading Tom Sawyer once, then I cut the pages out and hid things inside of it.

HC: Most awkward moment at UNCW?

J: After a long night out freshman year, I got sick in the only stall in the Randall bathroom. There were 2 guys waiting to use it when I got out..

HC: What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever done on a date?

J: I got tired of my girlfriend’s lack of basic knowledge about cars, so we spent an hour after a movie walking around the parking lot naming different car brands. She eventually thanked me.

HC: If you were a Disney princess, who would you be and why?

J: Cinderella, because I feel like I work like a servant sometimes in college, but hopefully one day I’ll live in a castle.

HC: You discover that your wonderful one year old child (John Robert Owens V) is because of a mix up at the hospital and not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake?

J: That’s a tough one. Since he’s only one, I’d probably make the switch.

Asia Francine Butler, known amongst her friends as "The Last of the Time Lords" is a professional student for the University of North Carolina Wilmington. After receiveing her International Baccalaureate Diploma in December of 2013 and being immersed in the friendly and lively atmosphere of UNCW, she decided to pursue a variety of interests, including, but not limited to writing for both Her Campus UNCW and Cape Fear Living Magazine, acting as an Orientation Leader for the International Students, being a Conversation Partner for the English as a Second Language students at UNCW, being a Peer Mentor for incoming International Students, and being a Historian in the Seahawk Crossing for the Residence Hall Association, being a Brother of the academic National Honors Fraternity, Phi Sigma Pi, and being a member of Sigma Alpha Lambda's honors society. She writes at least four articles a month, two for Her Campus UNCW and two for Cape Fear Living Mgazine, and has positively affected the lives of hundreds of international exchange students and UNCW students. Furthermore, she have positively affected and engaged in the lives of many people in the North Carolina community through volunteering with Habitat for Humanity UNCW, UNC Weekends, Burrito Bikers, and playing intramural soccer. Although she has a passion for writing, she is enrolled as a history major in the University of North Carolina Wilmington in preparation for entering law school in the Fall of 2016. While she enjoys temporarily living at the beach for most of her college career, her heart lies with her two adorable German Shepherds, Mitch and Maple along with the loving Butler parents and her two creative and beautiful younger sisters in Greensboro, North Carolina.