It Gets Personal With Lauren & Elizabeth Inc.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

When you walk into Lauren & Elizabeth Inc. it is the epitome of a college girl’s dream. Mason jars, wine glasses and monograms everywhere. It is the perfect gift shop located at 6841 Conservation Way, Wilmington, N.C. 28403–better known as the Mayfaire shopping center. This is their one and only location and is unique  to Wilmington.  You can get anything personalized here with embroidery, vinyl or engraving.  You can bring in your own items or purchase items from the shop. It ranges from cellphone cases to mason jars to blankets to even jean pockets. Also, they have those cute little glitter wall charger pieces that everyone tries so hard to make off pinterest.

The owner, Lauren Doughten, was a Fine Arts major here at UNCW and says she wanted to do something she loved, so she started out with a kiosk at Independence Mall by painting people’s names on items. Now, the business has clearly morphed into something bigger and she does what she can to meet her customer’s needs and demands. Lauren & Elizabeth Inc. opened originally in Independence Mall in February 2010 and moved onto Mayfaire in October of 2010. She chose to open her shop in Wilmington because she has been here off and on since 1990 and considers Wilmington one of her homes. She chose the Mayfaire location because it was an ideal area to target her demographics and she fits a niche that they really didn’t have there.

The store offers everything from baby gifts to adult humor. Any gender and any age.There are items in there that could be personalized but do not have to be. Some items in the shop are Made in the U.S. and also some based on part of the sale being donated to a good cause like Cancer for College, Honduras Orphanage Kids, Breast Cancer and Feeding the Hungry.The price range at the store is very reasonable and she tries to fit everyone’s budget without sacrificing quality. Not only are you getting something super cute but you could be helping out a good cause.

“We’re a tiny store BUT we pack a BIG punch,” Lauren says.

And it’s true, they may be a small store, but there is so much inside that you could find the perfect gift for anyone.

It is ideal for college women because we all know we love our monograms and not only can you get anything personalized, but if you are in a sorority you can get a necklace with your greek letters and it would make a great gift for your big or little.

Some specials they offer:

• Any time you purchase their own items you get $5 off the embroidery cost and no application fee on the vinyl purchase
  • Check in at foursquare and get 10% off any item
  • Military discount with valid ID

Lauren & Elizabeth Inc. is the perfect place to go to pick out a holiday gift. They offer a variety of colors, patterns and fonts. Too indecisive? It’s okay, they provide an “artist’s choice,” which allows the store to narrow down your options for you.

From car monograms, totes, cellphone cases and jewlrey, they provide everything that you could possible want. You can personalize your scarves, jackets or t-shirts in store, too. The possibilities are endless.

So go and get personal with Lauren & Elizabeth Inc.!

Like them on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LaurenAndElizabeth

I am a junior at UNCW with a major in communications and a minor in journalism. I have always been interested in writing and I am very excited that I have this opportunity to write for Her Campus. I know it sounds geeky but I love school and to hang out with friends and go fishing and to the beach.