This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

If you are one of the millions of users who use Instagram as religiously as I do, you know that your caption game has to be strong. Recently, I’ve seen girls post pictures asking their boyfriends for caption ideas, which was very amusing, so I decided to try this out myself. My sweet boyfriend is completely clueless when it comes to Instagram (having only downloaded the app two weeks ago) but was very nice to agree to be my guinea pig for this story. I gave him five “basic” pictures that I have posted on my Instagram and asked Nathan to caption them.

1. Food Post

We actually ate at a restaurant called “The Basics” (very fitting name for this post) After much thought, Nathan came up with two captions: “Damn that food tho” and “Mashed potatoes.”

2. Landscape Post

Nathan’s best caption: “Hashtag fresh powder”

3. UNCW Post

“Umm pass? Can I pass this one?” After a few more minutes Nathan looked at me very seriously and said: “It looks like you’re not wearing shoes” So we’re just going to go with that one.

4. Selfie Post

“Branches.”

5. Beach Post

“Shells in a circle. Wait, no, I don’t like that one. Pile of shells.”

Most likely at Target and/or drinking sweet tea. Senior from Apex, North Carolina. Co-Campus Correspondent for the UNCW chapter, Contact me with any comments or questions!