I Hate My Horoscopes, But I Love Being A Gemini

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

I am one of those people who reads their horoscopes daily. If I have enough time in the morning (dependent on the line for coffee), I’ll read about 30 different interpretations from about 30 different sources (okay maybe not 30, but at least 3). Rarely, if ever, does it come true. I haven’t met a person who will take my career to the next level (I think), haven’t come into a lot of money, and haven’t met “the one” (again, I think). Though when I read about my personality traits on Pinterest, I’m all for it.

As a Gemini, I’m always in the pursuit of knowledge, can never make up my mind, and will be forever alone in the love department. All are currently true, so why are my horoscopes false? Well, who can predict the future? I don’t believe anyone can.

The idea that others know a part of who I am is attractive to me. We relate to other people and other things when we find a connection. This explains why I bought yet another coffee mug about slaying mornings.

Yea, I know if I read posts meant for another sign I will relate to some of those too. That’s not the point. The point is that I can connect to a post that others connect to and then I connect to them (a totally Gemini thing to say). It’s creating a community of people who understand the parts of us that may not always rear a head in our everyday lives.

So I read my horoscopes. I call them trash. I read about Gemini personality traits on Pinterest. I grab my coffee. I begin my day.

[Photos Courtesy of Pinterst.com and Giphy.com]

I either spend a lifetime doing my makeup, or no time at all. What makes the difference: coffee.