This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

The long bob, otherwise known as the ‘Lob,’ is perfect for those of us who are tired of keeping up with our long hair, but aren’t quite ready to part with our locks just yet. Fun and versatile, the ‘lob’ is a great semi-casual look that ranges from fierce and no-nonsense to girly and flirty! The classic ‘lob’ just barely grazes the shoulders and can be layered with bangs or face framing waves to accentuate your features. 

The ‘lob’ is wonderful for those of us with thin hair who want to add some volume but also works to add more layers and natural dimensions to thicker hair. If you have longer hair, trimming off a few inches might make it look and feel healthier. Plus, it gives you some more styling options! The ‘lob’ can give you more freedom to style your own hair without spending hours using a curling iron, and you can still wear it in an up-do because it doesn’t feel too short.

Don’t be afraid to play around with your hair this fall and see what works best for your features. You can avoid committing to short hair while still rocking the best of both worlds!