First Ever DubThon with Phi Mu!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Join the party! Phi Mu will be hosting the first ever DubThon aka dance marathon on January 28 from 2-8 p.m. in New Hanover Gym on campus. Live performances from the High Seas, Physical Graffiti, the Seabelles and more will keep over 150 participants going! The money raised will be donated to the Duke Children’s Miracle Network Hospital to fight pediatric cancer.

DubThon will also have interactive games and stories from patient’s families to keep dancers motivated throughout the marathon. Food from local restaurants in the Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach area will also be provided. This six-hour marathon will represent the long-term periods of hospital visits as well as obstacles that patients and families face every day. Although this is a UNCW first, this fundraising event originally started at Indiana University in 1991 and has raised over 150 million dollars    

It is not too late to become a dancer! Sign up at: http://events.dancemarathon.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.event&eventID=1360 to register, its only $15. Walk-ins are also welcome, just check in by Saturday afternoon at 1:30. Even if you can’t be on the dance floor this Saturday you can still donate! 

Most likely at Target and/or drinking sweet tea. Senior from Apex, North Carolina. Co-Campus Correspondent for the UNCW chapter, Contact me with any comments or questions!