This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

It’s that time of year again—finals week. All the work from throughout the semester comes to fruition as we cram in the libraries and devour unhealthy amounts of coffee. Sometimes, however, we all deserve a study break to veg out in front of the TV. In honor of Stranger Things season 2 being out for almost a full month, here’s Finals Week as Told by Stranger Things.

Reading Day:

It’s crunch time. Classes are officially over, but the “festivities” are just beginning. It’s time to focus and study for your tests, and also time to pray that you find a spot in the library. Instead of buying Christmas lights like Joyce, we’re in the POD Market or Bookstore buying Scantrons and Blue Books to cover our dorms with.

Stress Eating – it’s a real thing:

Stress eating can be common during finals week—so much is happening all at once, and it’s easy to want to indulge in a sugary snack. Dustin’s favorite chocolate pudding shouldn’t be a top priority. Go for a healthy snack instead, it’ll give you more brain power and help you sleep better! There will be PLENTY of time for desserts during the holidays. Candy canes, anyone?

Post-Exam Anxieties:

This is us, walking out of an exam we’re sure we didn’t do well on. Never fear! If your exam is curved, or if your professor was kind enough to offer extra credit, there’s no need to worry too much about your grade. One bad test grade doesn’t determine the rest of your life, and in 5 years this test won’t matter anymore.

To Go Out or Not to Go Out? (The Answer: DON’T GO OUT)

Steve is your conscience, telling you NOT to go out with your friends and skip studying. Don’t give up before your most difficult test! Study and work hard—as hard as Steve works on his hair every morning—and you will do better than you think you can. Wait until after tests are over to let loose.

So Close, yet SO FAR:

The torture is almost over—finals are so close to being done. Maybe you only have one test left, or a project to present, and then you’re free for Christmas break. Until you’re completely free, however, lean on your friends for support in this stressful, stressful time. Hey, at least your friend isn’t trapped in the Upside Down! Bright side, amiright?

Best part of the week–When it’s over!

IT’S DONE. Your exams are over! You can walk away from your last test feeling a weight lifted off of your shoulders. It’s time to go celebrate!

BONUS: Here are some Steve Harrington gifs, just because Season 2 Steve is the actual best. (That CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT though, I’m here for it!)

Eat some Eggos and sharpen your pencils. Good luck with your test taking!

[Gifs courtesy of giphy.com]

Rachel is a senior and Creative Writing major/English minor at UNCW. She loves to write about entertainment and often publishes listicles on her favorite movies, music, and TV. Rachel is probably rereading the Percy Jackson books, watching comedy specials on Netflix, or petting a dog right about now. Sometimes, she's doing all three.