Fifteen Throwback Songs You’ll Never Get Tired of Listening To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

1. Sk8r Boi by Avril Lavigne

Avril Lavigne was the years of teen angst and rebellion, no one could forget her famous lyrics, “He was a skater boy, she said see you later boy, he wasn’t good enough for her,” and couldn’t find themselves singing along.

2. Lip Gloss by Lil Mama

Oh the age of glitter lip gloss and Smackers Chap Stick, what a sight to remember! But who didn’t strut down the hallway of their middle school thinking their lip-gloss was poppin’?

3. Ignition (Remix) by R. Kelly

If this song does not get you pumped up for a night out or wake you up in the morning you must not be much of an R. Kelly fan…

4. Candy Shop by 50 Cent

Although in middle school we all probably believed this song was truly about taking a trip to the candy shop and picking out anything and everything we could ever imagine indulging, it is still a throwback I can embarrassingly say I still know all the words to…

5. Milkshake by Kelis

If you don’t remember Regina George’s sister Kylie dancing seductively in front of the TV in Mean Girls to Milkshake, how else would you remember this throwback?

6. No Scrubs by TLC

For all those scrubs hangin’ out of their best friends cars…yeah, this throwback is for you.

7. Oops!….I Did It Again by Britney Spears

Who doesn’t love a good Britney song? You can never forget the image of Britney as a school girl walking down the hallway in pigtails, a white button down and high socks.

8. Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani

Because how else did you learn how to spell bananas?

9. Crank That by Soulja Boy

If you didn’t spend hours in front of your computer looking up to the dance to this song on YouTube what did you spend your middle school weekends doing?

10. Bartender by T-Pain & Akon

That song you stop what you’re doing and stare at your friends and lip sync all the words whenever it comes on.

11. Roses by Outkast

If you did not sing your little middle school heart out to that one person you didn’t like to this song, you were doing it all wrong.

12. Genie in a Bottle by Christina Aguilera

Young Christina Aguilera knew how to come up with a catchy throwback that has you singing all the words every time you hear it.

13. Kiss Kiss by Chris Brown

She want that lovey dovey, that kiss kiss….who could forget the pre-violent Chris Brown?

14. Rich Girl by Gwen Stefani

If I had all the money in the world I would probably buy all that money could buy too.

15. Suga Suga by Baby Bash & Frankie J

Suga Suga how did you get so fly?

Sophomore at the University of North Carolina Wilmington, Business and Marketing Major with a Psychology Minor